Monday, June 28, 2010

Register your business...NOW!

If you are working on a book, register your business...NOW! The last thing you want to to is register just when you think you "need" to (IE - your books comes out soon) and realize that you probably could benefit from having your business 'in business' for more than a few months.

I registered Blue World Publications in February of 2010 and now (June) I am feeling the itch that I should have done this a long time ago, back when I knew I was going down this road. Why? Applications, logistics, company stats. Basically, I just applied for a small business loan and wouldn't you know it, I was approved...and the DENIED. Why? Because my business has only been a business for technically 4 months.

If you are going to start your own business, do it now. Granted you should pick a name that is fitting: you like it, it doesn't already exist, and you can tell it to someone and not need to spell it. Register your DBA and open a business checking account. These are minimal costs and will save you in the long run. Do it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment