Monday, June 28, 2010

100% Recycled Paper

When I was looking into a printer, I only thought about one thing: saving the most money I could. I didn't want to go overseas but would consider it if the price was significantly lower. In this case, USA had the best prices which was great. I then also looked into GREEN options and levels of recycled paper. Ultimately, I chose 100% recycled paper. The downsides: more expensive and it's non-archival (IE, it will last well over 100 years verse archival paper that will last over 800 years). The price difference is worth it so thats not a problem. I really like the look/feel of the paper so that's great. And the shelf life? Do I care? I will be dead by the time any of these books begin showing any slight signs of wear (if books still exist then). It's worth it and the right thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment